Friday, February 27, 2009

Whining

I don't mean to whine, but my Saturday just got ruined. I am accompanying five auditions for high-school singers (SOOOOO much fun to begin with...) at a high school that is 25 minutes away. The auditions themselves are 5-10 minutes each. I just got the audition times today and yesterday and my schedule is as follows:

8:20 am, 10:20 am, 1:40 pm, 3:10 pm, 4:50 pm.

It doesn't get much crappier than that.

Add this to the fact that Dave worked for a day, a night, and a day straight without coming home to rest starting on Wednesday (yes, it was one of those days again) . Then after coming home last night, eating dinner and crashing, he was back at work at 8:00 this morning. And I found out today he has a business trip next week. More joy. Add my lovely audition schedule and I won't get to see him this weekend either. If I'm really, really lucky, Dave will have to work tomorrow and I'll end up paying out all the money I earn tomorrow to a babysitter.

I know I shouldn't whine. I am grateful in these tough economic times that Dave has a job and earns a living for our family. I am grateful that I have skills that allow me to earn money as well. But sometimes I just need to have a good grumble. Couldn' t the auditions have been 30 minutes apart? Then it would have taken about 3 hours instead of my ENTIRE day. I know, somewhere, you hear the sound of a small, sad, sad violin. Poor Karen.

No comments: