Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ma-ma's Boy

I meant to write about this a while ago, but I keep getting distracted by other things. When Jackson first learned to babble, all he would say was "Dah-dah-dah." I don't think he connected the word with Dave, but it was still really cute and Dave loved it. Try as I might to get him to say "mama," Jackson was fixated by "dah-dah." Well, about a month ago Jackson finally did it. He said "Ma-ma"! And even better, he actually uses it to refer to me! If Dave asks, "Where is ma-ma?", Jackson immediately looks for me, exclaims "Ma-ma!" outloud, and then dive-bombs in my direction. He hasn't made the same connection with da-da yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon.

He's definitely starting to form an opinion about life. He likes to eat raisins, Craisins and cheese and will "ask for them" by leaning towards them (if I'm holding him) or jabbering and pointing towards them. If you take him a different direction than he wishes to go (such as inside the house instead of outside) he will dramatically throw his head back, arch his back and wail until you take him where he wants to go. Yes, shades of a two-year-old already.... Luckily he is still small and cute and somewhat easily distracted.

Speaking of small and cute, he may be cute, but he's not that small. Last Friday he had a well-baby check-up and he is actually quite a big kid: 33 1/2" tall and 28 lbs 3 oz. (pretty much top of the charts for his age). So yes, he got Dave's genes and all of that food he is eating is going to good use.

No comments: