Saturday, February 28, 2009

Not As Bad As It Seemed

So far today hasn't been as bad as I anticipated. Yes, it's only 9:30 am, so I don't want to get too definitive, but it hasn't been bad. Last night Dave got home at about 9:00 pm and I got a chance to talk to him for a while and grumble about how bad my day today was going to be (which always helps for some strange reason). It turns out that he actually isn't going out of town until next week, (this coming week he will still be in town) which for some strange reason makes all the difference in the world.

Last night I went to bed really early so it really wasn't that bad when I had to wake up at 7:00 on a Saturday (typically my one sleep-in morning of the week). I already went and played for my first audition, came back (for a whole hour!) and in a few minutes I'll be off to play my next one. (OK, so that part still kinda stinks.) But, while I was home I did an inventory of our food storage and found that we're actually making some good progress. Yesterday I washed a whole bunch of buckets that I bought on Thursday, so hopefully I can get those filled later today and make some more progress. Hooray for me! And despite the fact that it's chopping up my whole day, I still am getting paid for playing for these auditions, which does make it a little less irritating. (Can you tell I actually got a check in hand after the audition? Which for some strange reason also makes all the difference in the world.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you complain so much about everything all the time? Why can't you find peace and be content?

K kid said...

Because I'm human. And I do find peace and am content... it just doesn't happen every moment of every single day. Sometimes getting frustrated (and yes, complaining about it- I do have that weakness)is just the reality of this particular stage of my life. Sorry to disappoint.... You don't have to read my blog if my complaint sessions annoy you.=] -K

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. Even in the complaining, you always seem to find something funny or amusing to share about whatever is the current problem. You are more aware of your weaknesses than most people your age and share it all with your readers. This is such a breath of fresh air to see someone admit to not being perfect and admitting to all of the struggles that go with that realization.