Friday, February 27, 2009

Product Recall

For Christmas this year I got uncharacteristically crafts-y and made "neighbor gifts" to pass out to some of our friends and neighbors. I gave them a mug with a cute home-made mix for "5-Minute Microwave Mug Cake." I finished a whole pile of these in the week before Christmas, but because of the huge Christmas snowstorm we enjoyed, they STILL didn't get delivered until January.

I had gotten the recipe for the cake mix from an email and had not actually tried it myself yet when I made the gifts or delivered them. I did finally try it myself a little while ago. I stuck a plate underneath the mug at the last minute as a precaution.

The instructions said "The cake will rise over the top of the mug. Do not be alarmed." Hmmmm.... maybe I should have been alarmed. Or maybe I should have tried it first before making 20 of these and delivering them to friends and neighbors. So how do I issue a product recall? Or at least a warning?

3 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

That is SO funny. Thanks for the laughs.

Carolina said...

I bet it still tasted good!

J D C and N said...

haha that's hilarious!