Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On the Brighter Side

Fine, so my life isn't all misery and woe. Actually, I think taking a morning off to be lazy can be very therapeutic. I spent this afternoon (during Jackson's nap- hooray!!) working on the front yard: adding dirt for a new flower bed, digging holes and transplanting a rhododendron. Jared and Camryn had a fabulous time running in the sprinkler, playing with the neighbor kids and getting drenched.

Earlier today, as Jackson was sitting in his high chair for lunch, I asked him if he wanted some raisins. He looked at me intently, so I repeated the question: "Raisin?" He looked back and very deliberately said: "Raah-sin." I clapped and cheered and he grinned, looking very pleased with himself. Of course Jackson has his typical repertoire of words (ma-ma, da-da, uh-oh, ball, ba-ba, etc.) but this is one I had never heard before.

In addition to a rapidly expanding vocabulary, Jackson has also mastered waving bye-bye to people (although he says "Dah-dah" while he waves), during which he has a huge grin, like he has figured out something very big.

No comments: