Friday, March 12, 2010

Affirmation

Do you ever have days when you just need some verbal affirmation? I'm having one of those days. But rather than choosing someone to whine to (nah, I just whined on my blog instead) or calling Jen (my sister-in-law who is one of the best people I know at making you feel like a million bucks) and making her tell me that I'm fantastic, I'm going to take a do-it-yourself approach.

Dear Karen,

You have a two-year-old right now. That pretty much explains everything. (Hmmm... I'm not off to a good start, maybe this just isn't my talent. Let's give this another shot.)

Jackson may be a handful, but he is sweet and adorable and way too cute. He loves to go to friends' houses, but this is because he is well-adjusted and not because he doesn't like you or because you are a bad mom. Yes, he throws tantrums, but when he is older he will put that strong will to good use. You will be so glad you held your ground with him when you see what a charming, successful adult he grows into (I can hope, can't I?). You have really great kids and the world's cutest baby. (Seriously, I'm not exaggerating on that one. She is a perfect doll!)

No comments: