Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a difference a day makes...

And this mess is so big And so deep and so tall, We cannot pick it up. There is no way at all!"
-"The Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Seuss


Dear readers,


I am ashamed to report that after a whole week of my fabulous home organization plan in action, I have fallen off the wagon. Before you get too concerned, please know that I haven't let everything slide. My laundry system is still in full swing. But my dish system has, alas, broken down.

But to prove that I did actually follow this system to the letter for a week,
I have included pictures to prove that I could-- and did-- do it. (My favorite is the one of my kitchen table, complete with the "Let Go of Clutter" book, prominently displayed. Who needs those self-help books anyway? My system is way better than any of theirs....)

Just so you can compare, I included the following pictures after I broke down and did the dishes (I was getting tired of having to wash silverware as I used it...). The scary thing is that it only really took a little more than an hour to go from that (above) to this:

It just goes to show how vigilant you have to be. You can never let down your guard. The breakdown of even the best organization system is only ever one hour away....








3 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

I love it. Great pictures. It's true, I'm always amazed at how long I procrastinate cleaning the bathroom countertops and then how quickly it gets done when I set my mind to it.

Rebecca said...

Brave thing--I don't know if I could put up "messy" pictures! Fun entry!

Suzie Petunia said...

Your "before" pictures were starting to stress me out, and then I remembered it wasn't my house. Thanks for posting the "after" pictures. It made me feel happy and satisfied.

I love the book on the table. That is so me. In my pile of clutter I know I'll find a couple books about de-cluttering.