Monday, May 9, 2011

Our First Family Ski Trip

While I am on a belated blogging kick, I figured I would write about our first family ski trip of this season. On March 28th we took Jared and Camryn to Mt. Hood Meadows. And to fully celebrate the familial nature of this trip, I didn't take a single picture of the kids. Oops.

Maybe a better description of this ski trip would be, "We tried taking Jared and Camryn skiing in Utah last year and figured we could teach them to ski ourselves just fine. After spending the better part of an evening skiing down the hill with a 6-year-old between my knees I decided that ski school was a fantastic investment." And so Jared and Camryn had an all-day ski lesson. I think it was really helpful for them to have instruction from someone who wasn't "just" mom or dad (Never mind the fact that their dad is a fantastic skiier-- it's still carries more weight coming from someone else.) We skied with them for an hour at the end of the day and they eagerly showed off their newly acquired turning skill. But at that point I apparently had forgotten about my camera, so you will have to take my word for it that Jared and Camryn were actually on that trip.

It was a gorgeous day with blue sky and a fantastic view of Mt. Hood. We had great snow and had a great time.


At the top of my black diamond for the day. Did I mention I've skied a black diamond?

Look at that view! Gorgeous!



No comments: