Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Someone tagged me?

Someone tagged me?? I was tagged by my friend Sarah. So are you ready for some random stuff about me?

Here it is...

1. What is your current obsession?
Scramble on facebook and valiant attempts to eat healthy/all-natural punctuated by giving in to the convenience of fast food.

2. What do you hate the most that everyone else seems to love?
Sushi. I know it's chic and I even *want* to like it, but it just isn't my thing. I don't have a problem with raw fish, I've just never been able to enjoy the seaweed wrapper. It tastes like... well, seaweed.

3. What are you wearing today?
A pastel striped maternity shirt and jeans.

4. What's for dinner?
How am I supposed to know? It's only afternoon. Maybe brown rice with black beans and avocado... or maybe Papa Murphy's (see #1).

5. What would you eat for your last meal?
A gourmet cheese plate, a salad with blue cheese or goat cheese, grilled asparagus, filet mignon or ribeye steak with lobster, with creme brulee and a chocolate soufflee for dessert.

6. What is the last thing you bought?
A throw pillow.

7. What are you listening to right now?
The hum of my laptop. For being a "music person," I really love silence when the rare opportunity for it finds me.

8. What do you think of the person that tagged you?
She is beautiful, smart and fun to be around. A great runner and great mom.

9. If you could have a house--fully paid for and totally furnished--anywhere in the world, where would it be?
In Italy. Or Kauai. Or Tahiti. Or here in my town.

10. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be?
Assuming that I had babysitting? And instant transportation? Italy, London, Austria or Tahiti.

11. What is one of your hobbies?
Choral music. Or ballroom dancing. Or blogging. Or procrastinating housework.

12. What is ONE of your favorite quotes?
"If I had ever learned I should have been a great proficient." Lady Catherine de Bourgh in "Pride and Prejudice

13. What is your favorite color?
I hate choosing favorites (you would think that would be apparent by now). But if I had to pick, I would say the midnight blue-purple of the sky right after the sun has set.

14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?
Right now I am wearing maternity clothes... can you really have a favorite with clothes designed to cover your hugeness? My mom did make me a fantastic maternity formal for the Alaska cruise. Out of normal clothes, my brown shirt-- doesn't make me look as huge as the rest.

15. What is your dream job?
Concert pianist or opera singer (in theory, if not in practice) ... or directing my own choir. Or teaching piano to highly motivated students that always practice exactly what you tell them and come back thirsty for more. (ha ha)

16. Describe your personal style.
Mommy meets Ross but wishes it was Ann Taylor or Anthropologie.

17. What is your favorite tree?
White birch or japanese maple

18. What are you going to do after this?
Stop procrastinating my housework.

19. What is your favorite fruit?
What's with this picking favorites thing? Raspberries, peaches, watermelon, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries. Did I mention that I'm not good at picking favorites?

20. What inspires you?
Great music. People who have overcome difficulties in their lives and still have a positive attitude. A really good project. A great book. Reading the scriptures and trying to apply them to my life.

21. Who was the last person that you kissed?
Baby Jackson

22. What are you currently reading?
The screen on my laptop. J/K. I am reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan (see #1 and #20)

23. Go to your bookshelf, take down the first book that you see with a red binding, turn to page 26 and type out the first line.
Do you really want to read some random line from some random book on my shelf? I didn't think so.

24. What delighted you the most today?
Jackson said, "Whez da-da?" (Where's daddy?)

25. By what criteria do you judge a person?
Definitely, by what kind of cheese they like (brie or american?). =] J/K... Probably by how they treat other people.

26. What was your childhood nickname?
Chicken Licken


27. What are you afraid of?
That my best won't be good enough. Or that when people find out what I'm *really* like they will go running for the hills. ;) Or that Dave will suddenly get called on a three-week business trip to Asia.

The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.

2. Tag eight other people.
Do you really think there are eight other people that read my blog who haven't been tagged yet? Let's try: Greek Goddess, Rebecca M., Diane, Crystal, Ranell, Rebecca W., Chatterbox and Lara

5 comments:

Jadie said...

That was so funny! (Chicken licken, who knew?) I could relate with #1 and #4...! Hey, I had tagged you too, which means you have to do this list twice now. ;]

Greek Goddess said...

I'll do it, eventually. and the other tag you tagged me with, too. :)
We've had a lot of sickness around here lately, and hopefully we'll be healthy for a two day vacation at the end of this week. So, more later!
Can't wait to hear about your cruise.

Lara Neves said...

I will do it. Thank you for the blog fodder, I'm a little desperate for it anyway.

I loved your answers...especially about the random book one. Except, I think I would be too curious to see what it would actually say.

Suzie Petunia said...

Chicken Licken? I need the story for that one!

As I was eating my McDonalds Double Cheeseburger last night (in the car... late to a meeting...) I considered the fact that American cheese tastes metallic, and I wondered why everyone is OK with that. I wonder what would happen if McDonalds suddenly started putting brie on their cheeseburgers... ? I have to say that Havarti with dill is my favorite cheese. With cucumbers and swedish hard bread.

Greek Goddess said...

I did it!