Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just for Meg

At Meg's request, I am going to send a Jared and Camryn quote. (Meg told me that she was disappointed that I had recently left off her favorite part of my emails =p ).Of course sending a quote from them would require me thinking and actually remembering what they said. =] But I will exert myself... here's one from Tuesday:

We were at Quizno's ordering a sandwich for me. The kids had already had a happy meal for dinner (gotta love $1.25 night!). Jared had four quarters that were burning a hole in his pocket and was trying to decide if he should spend his own money to buy a bag of chips.

Me: "Jared, if you really want to buy the chips, I'm not going to stop you, but I wouldn't buy them if I were you. It's a waste of money. I thought you were saving up to buy a RAZR scooter. If you keep spending money on little things like chips, you won't ever have enough for your scooter."

Jared: "Well mom, it rains a lot in Oregon and when it rains, you can't go outside and ride a scooter, so I think maybe buying the scooter is a waste of money. Besides, you have to eat food or you'll die. You need food to survive, so it's not a waste of money."

That may well be true, but I still don't put Doritos in the "necessary for life" category.
...
On Friday we had some friends over for a playdate. Camryn said that she didn't like to eat something and Jared said, "You don't! Are you from Mars?" (This is what daddy says to him whenever mommy makes something particularly yummy and Jared says that he doesn't like it.) Camryn said indignantly, "I'm not from Mars! I'm from heaven!"

No comments: