Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Late Fourth of July!

Happy belated Fourth of July, everyone!

Last week I was starting to get to the end of my rope. We had a good Fourth of July- we went to a barbecue at a friend's house and then I took the two older kids to see fireworks while Dave stayed home, put Jackson to bed and worked. Despite the good day, I was still having a hard time. I was sad that Dave didn't get to come and see fireworks with us, irritated with Dave's company for demanding so much from him at all hours, frustrated at my inability to get the house even remotely cleaned up and antsy for our other house to sell.

The two older kids had a fun time watching the fireworks display, and even more fun being part of the herd of kids chasing all of the small fireworks being set off around the park.

Saturday we cleaned up a little bit and then went to work on some things at the old house. That evening Dave and I were set to go on a date, but I didn't want to. I was in a bad mood and started the date out that way. But I am a believer in going out: after a nice dinner and poking around Cost Plus Imports, I felt like a new person.

Sunday was great: Dave cooked dinner for us: sugar waffles and cowboy potatoes-- and he even cleaned up dinner so I started the next day with a semi-clean kitchen. Woo hoo!

No comments: