Friday, April 1, 2011

Bouncing Off the Walls

For Jackson's only birthday present last year, we got him a bounce house (I know, tough life). While we have a really great house, we have a really lame backyard-- it is small, steeply slanted and is two stories below the main floor of the house so it isn't very easy to get out there and play. So our response to this problem-- intensified by the fact that Jackson is VERY active and physical-- was to get a bounce house for the basement as a kind of a "backyard substitute." It's way cheaper than moving, right? (I know, I know, I'm a pro at justification.)





At one point we had one of those home "ball pits" (you know, the kind that don't have enough balls to actually jump in and last for about two weeks before they are completely destroyed), so we have lots of leftover plastic balls still hanging around the basement. I don't know if it was Addy or the kids who started it (because Addy is known for depositing random objects inside her sleeper) but the kids made a game of seeing how many plastic balls they could fit in Addy's sleeper. The end result is a smaller, pinker version of the Incredible Hulk.



Apparently, Camryn caught on to this trend and figured she could use some muscular enhancement as well.
Goodness knows that my kids are always bouncing off the walls. I admit that I harbored the secret hope that purchasing a thing exclusively devoted to "bouncing off the walls" would save our other walls some wear and tear. That hasn't panned out, but the bounce house is still really fun.

No comments: