Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cloudy Weather

Last week we hit a patch of cloudy weather in the middle of August. This should have been a bit of a relief after the record-breaking hot weather at the beginning of August, but it's still a bit depressing in the middle of August and everyone's mood seemed to take a hit. It didn't help that on Wednesday when we were supposed to go to park day and play in the fountains it rained. So we spent WAY too much time cooped up in the house, the kids seemed to fight even more than normal and I was even less patient in dealing with the fighting than normal.

One night that week as I was putting Jared to bed he said, "Mom, when I grow up, I want to find someone to marry who isn't as stern as you are." Ouch. I try not to let the kids get away with fighting, but I've never really thought of myself as stern. How do you take that? Hmmm....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

My kids always tell me when they are parents they will have "NO RULES".