Friday, August 2, 2013

Bashing About London

We caught a train from Bath to Paddington, catching glimpses of countryside during the trip,
and then took the tube to Bayswater. I brought the beautiful (but heavy) flowers that Dave sent me in Bath for my birthday. 

London is hot. Our hotel doesn't have a/c (not so good). It is a cute London townhouse, but it has no elevator and we are on the third floor. Our first official London activity after checking in was laying on our bed in front of the fan for half an hour.
We then summoned he energy to go to Marble Arch where we caught he first half of a hop on hop off bus tour to Leicester Square. We hopped off to get half price tickets but instead decided to fulfill Meg's lifetime dream of Les Mis in London when some last minute seats became available. 

Afterward we celebrated my birthday with Peruvian tapas (and a pimentolada-- piña colada with puréed red pepper)
and made our way home through Picadilly Circus and Regent's Street. 





1 comment:

shannon said...

And now it's cold again. It's too cold inside my house without socks :( Sorry I missed you!