Tuesday, November 30, 2010

To Card or Not to Card?

Black Friday has officially passed. I finished most of my Christmas shopping in one fell swoop (thank you Costco). I have a few more things to buy online and so am turning my attention to the annual debate: To Christmas Card or not to Christmas Card? That is the question... Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the stings and arrows of paper cuts (and searching to update old addresses) or, by going electronic, end them? I am definitely an efficiency buff and electronic is definitely efficient, but I admit that I have a soft spot in my heart for getting an old-fashioned real paper card in the mail.

I found out on facebook about a deal from Shutterfly where they will give you free Christmas cards if you write a blog post about their cards. So I followed the links to check out their Christmas cards.

http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/holiday-cards
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards

I was pleasantly surprised with how cute their card designs were... definitely an upgrade from my typical Costco-cheap-photo-card special. People might even start to think that I was kinda craftsy. Hmmm, that could be dangerous. I think my favorite designs thus far are:

Red 5x7 card or Red and brown card or Red Christmas Tree


The even have super-cute Christmas party invitations that would be oh-so-cute for the oh-so-classy imaginary Christmas party that I am going to host at my house some day... (assuming that I ever get to the point in my life where my house/life are not so messy that I could host a Christmas party).
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-invitations  Hmmm, maybe someday.

So, I will see if this gimmick works and I get my free cards. If so, then I will have the terrible moral dilemma of figuring out who gets a "real" card and how much work I am willing to go to to hunt down old addresses. :)

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

I got my free cards yesterday. Of course, I haven't actually ordered them yet because that would be asking a little bit too much of me! But it will work! :)