Monday, February 1, 2010

Bird!

Jackson has been obsessed with birds for a long time. He is very good at pointing them out, no matter how far away. Last summer we put a bird feeder on our back porch so Jackson would have more opportunities to look at birds. His interest recently extended to Big Bird (Bird! Bird!)- although he likes Elmo ("Mullmo") as well.

Recently while I drive in my car I have been listening to a playlist of songs that Cantico (the choir that I direct) will be singing at our next concert. One of these songs is a King's Singers arrangement of The Beatles' "Blackbird." This is Jackson's new favorite song. One day I was listening to it and every time it finished he would say, "Gen! Gen!" ("Again!") Now it is to the point that every time we get in the car he says, "Songs! Bird! Bird!"- meaning that he wants to hear "Blackbird." I have to admit it is a pretty awesome song.

Today I was listening to it on my laptop and seriously Jackson listened to it about 10 times in a row. If I tried to ignore his pleas to listen "gen!" then he broke out with tears and tantrums. So here is Jackson's new favorite song:

No comments: