Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tag: The Man in My Life

HUBBY TAG...

What is your husband’s name? Dave
How long did you date? We met as freshman, but didn't date until my senior year. We dated for 4 months, then were engaged for 3 months.
How old is he? 30
Who eats sweets? Both of us. Dave's faves are See's Hot Hearts (only available at Valentine's Day), homemade caramels and chocolate-covered marzipan.
Who said I love you first? Dave. And I replied, "Um, thanks." (Yeah, awkward moment. To me, saying "I love you" was the equivalent to "I want to marry you," so it took me a little bit longer... maybe even a few extra days.)
Who is taller? Dave, by 11 inches.
Who can sing better? Me, but Dave is a great singer.
Who is smarter? I think that we are equally smart, although we definitely have different areas of expertise.
Who does the laundry? Me.
Who pays the bills? Definitely me. Always.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me.
Who mows the lawn? A lawn service. (First it was Dave, with me filling in occasionally, then more. When we had two lawns to mow for 5 months is when I hit the wall.)
Who cooks dinner? Me. But Dave often makes breakfast on Sat. or Sunday. He makes the best crepes. Also, he is the steak grilling expert of the family.
Who drives? I usually get him to when we're together.
Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Are either of us ever wrong? =] We are both pretty good at it.
Who kissed who first? Dave kissed me.
Who asked who out first? Dave hunted me down at school to ask me out. Unaware of his plans, I asked him if he wanted to come hang out with my roommate and I that night as we tried to get in free to the symphony. Seriously, we had three activities planned without him having to ask me out once. Yeah, he had it easy...
Who wears the pants? Hmmm, we both do (except for Sundays, when I wear a skirt). We have a give and take relationship but I think we are both good at giving each other autonomy.
Friends who should do this (if you want to): Ranell, Crystal, Tenise, Rebecca

1 comment:

Jadie said...

I didn't realize Dave was almost a full foot taller than you! He is tall, but you're no shorty! Or maybe you just carry yourself well? Fun stuff. I love hearing about how different couples got together.